Over the past week there has been a number of announcements from radio stations about what’s going to be happening over the Christmas period and into the New Year, so we thought we’d highlight the top stories from the past week. See below for everything you need to know:
- Mission Christmas is returning to Bauer radio stations across the UK this year. The charity asks people to buy one extra present to take to one of 5,000 local drop-off points or text to donate and the aim to beat last year’s fundraising total of £15.5million, which helped over 360,000 disadvantaged children.
- Minster FM in Yorkshire has launched a pop-up radio station playing non stop Christmas music, which is ad free. Mince Pie Non-Stop is now available on DAB digital radio across North Yorkshire and also on the station’s website https://www.minsterfm.com/mincepie/
- 2018 will see some schedule changes for Heart, with Jason Donovan and Mark Wright taking a break from the station.
- Over at Classic FM, Alex James and Charlotte Green are also leaving the station at the end of the year. We’ll be sure to keep you updated about their replacements as soon as we find out.
- Two new London speech stations will be launching early next year on AM and DAB. CitiSport will go on medium wave and DAB, and CitiTalk will be available on digital radio.