Written by Kirsty Barkle, Senior Recruitment Account Manager
This week we discussed several factors to consider when attracting talent from home. So I thought I’d follow up with a few stats I think that recruiters ought to know. All figures show weekly commercial radio listening from RAJAR’s Q4, 2019 report unless otherwise stated.
- 35 million people listen to commercial radio every week
- 31% of all on-demand music streaming is consumed by 15-24 year olds (Midas, 2019)
- 22 million people listen at home each week – this has increased in recent weeks as everyone is spending a lot more time at home
- 2.4 million (69%) 15-19 year olds listen each week
- 2.6 million (62%) 20-24 year olds listen each week
- 1.1 million (64%) unemployed people listen each week
- 2.8 million (63%) people in full-time education listen each week
- 2.1 million owners and/or drivers of commercial vehicles listen every week, that makes them 79% more likely than average to do so
- 5 million (67%) ABC1 adults aged 35-64 listen each week
- 14 million parents listen each week – key influencers of their children
As the temporary norm evolves we’ll keep updating you with the latest news and why audio is such an important tool in light of the current climate. For more information, please contact the RadioWorks team.
Get in Touch
If you want to find out more about advertising on commercial radio stations or digital audio platforms in the UK or internationally – we can help!
Get in touch here and we’ll talk you through the process and deliver the best audio solution for you.