Last Thursday, the latest RAJAR figures for Q1 2016 were released. We’ve had a look at all the results and posted the highlights below:
- Capital retains the top spot as London’s most popular station with 2.28m listeners, whilst Kiss remains in second place with 2m people tuning in.
- 47.8million adults listen to radio every week, with 71% of adults listening to commercial radio.
- Absolute 80s tops the digital-only station race increasing to 1.7m, Kisstory is not far behind, delivering 1.4m listeners and Planet Rock is now at 1.2m listeners.
- 51.5% of all radio listening in UK households now occurs on a digital platform, ahead of listening on AM/FM (48.5%).
- Chris Moyles’ second quarter on Radio X London’s breakfast slot saw a -43.3% decrease in weekly listeners compared with the final quarter of 2015; however, it was up 44.1% on last year’s figures. Radio X Network is a new addition to the RAJAR national breakfast stations and so is yet to have any comparable data.